Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Annoyed how the 6 items in the bottom dock never lines up with the rows even though there is ample space to do so…

image.png

image.png

Also, did you know that you can't upload a screenshot off the iPad Pro straight to the Macrumors forums because it's too large as a file size?

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
I prefer minimizing the number of apps on the home screen. I think it would look absurd to have this packed grid of 6x6 apps.

hatdude1973

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2015
Um, in the bottom dock there are 6 apps. The main area there are 5 rows. Unless you know some new fangled geometry, 6 will never align with 5. However if you remove one app from the dock your problem will be solved.

Reactions: Appl3FTW

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
Change to zoomed view and they will line up, at least in landscape orientation.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I think the real issue is the absurd amount of spacing between icons on the home screen. I believe this should be fixed in later iterations of iOS 9 (or I really hope so....)

Reactions: jamesjingyi

rokey

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2011
NC
Annoyed how the 6 items in the bottom dock never lines up with the rows even though there is ample space to do so…

I will say that not having greater icon density on the home screen annoys me also. And while I also agree that in iOS updates and upgrades to come, we will see further "iPad Pro love" coded-in... I want more "iPad Pro love" coded-in NOW.

For Apple, product diferentiation is a HUGE design principle (though that is typically limited to hardware design; e.g. OS X on Mac Pro and MacBook are the same).

Lets see an option to turn on a "Pro Control Center" with extra buttons and menus (like wifi network selection).

Reactions: jamesjingyi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.