Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi Guys,

Ever since updating my Mac to MacOS Sierra, I've been having issues with Google Chrome. Some pages would just display a blank white page whilst others would show a black screen or blocks of black on the page.

I can't seem to figure out what's wrong and am thinking it could be related to MacOS Sierra, though I'm not entirely sure. Is anyone else having similar problems with Google Chrome or is it just me? Quitting Chrome and then re-opening it seems to temporarily fix the issue until it happens later again.

If anyone has any possible solutions to the problem, please feel free to suggest. Chrome has been driving me nuts lately and I don't wish to go back to Safari.

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 20.38.35.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 20.38.35.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 572
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 20.33.22.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 20.33.22.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 21.38.06.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 21.38.06.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 795

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
Hi Guys,

Ever since updating my Mac to MacOS Sierra, I've been having issues with Google Chrome. Some pages would just display a blank white page whilst others would show a black screen or blocks of black on the page.

I can't seem to figure out what's wrong and am thinking it could be related to MacOS Sierra, though I'm not entirely sure. Is anyone else having similar problems with Google Chrome or is it just me? Quitting Chrome and then re-opening it seems to temporarily fix the issue until it happens later again.

If anyone has any possible solutions to the problem, please feel free to suggest. Chrome has been driving me nuts lately and I don't wish to go back to Safari.

Yes!!! Had a bunch of trouble with it. Usually closing and reopening seems to fix it.

gamemaster.com

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2016
Yes!!! Had a bunch of trouble with it. Usually closing and reopening seems to fix it.
Yes...I am also having the same "black screen" and "black block" issues, the problem seems to be unique to Google Chrome as Firefox and Safari don't seem to have the same issues. I have also accomplished a clean install of Sierra and downloaded a fresh version of Google Chrome, but the issue is still not fixed. Perhaps it is a graphics card issue as I am also using a 15" 2011 Macbook pro though mine is late a late 2011 model?

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I've had no issues. Try testing in a new User or the Guest User. iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

CREATE A NEW USER
Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Users & Groups.
Switch to the New User by logging out under the Apple in the Menu Bar.
You can skip logging in with an Apple ID. Hit continue then skip.

Only Apple apps will be in the Dock.

Do you still see the issue?

If no, then the problem is in your User's folder.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
No problems here. I have it installed on a 2011 MB Pro, 2013 MB Air and a 2010 Mac Pro. I only use Google Chrome.

matthewhgross1

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

[doublepost=1506520213][/doublepost]Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. Just started after I installed Sierra 10.12.6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.