Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmini2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2021
So, got an open box 2020 iMac 24" with the two fans...be it 8 GB memory, M1. Bestbuy was blowing them out so it felt like a good deal. While using it I wondered how it would be nice to rotate the screen. Problem solved, Amazon. Ordered a VESA mount for the iMac and bolt to the desk 360 rotating monitor arm :)
I will see how well it works out.

Btw, if anyone can suggest a good Apple iMac user group, USA-based, I would appreciate the insight.

Last edited:

macmini2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2021
Update...Apple does not show any love for rotating a all-in-one iMac 2020 24" pc. Makes sense since it is not designed to rotate. Then again, what does it weigh...maybe 5lbs, if the youtuber review was correct. At any rate they said 'go fish' or should I say 'please send us an Feedback' email. I did but figure it is a lost cause since the option to Rotate is not shown unless one connects an external display,

I will have to settle on doing an external display though will need to go back and see if they way I connected it allows me to increase the font on 2nd panel. Well that plus press the 2nd panel buttons to change video input on it from the Win pc to the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.