Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
...and have a rep just blindly send out a coupon promo code?

That happened to me yesterday. I wasn't even particularly irate.

Odd.

Anyone else?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

Odd.

Anyone else?

What issue did you have? As mine didn't ship yet, I don't have anything to complain about. Hopefully will be smooth.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I felt like I should've been given some sort of coupon code for being on a call for nearly 40 minutes about my Apple Watch. Lol.

Granted I didn't call to complain, only inquire about possibly changing my delivery address of my watch because I was initially scheduled to have my watch shipped late June, but surprisingly shipped on 5/21 for a 5/22 delivery, but I was out of town for the holiday and wouldn't be home to receive it.

The rep was as nice and can be and tried to help me get to the proper channel or find ways to help, but then put me on hold at about the 20 minute mark and never got back to me. Every now and then I would hear her click back on the line, but when I would talk to her, I would get silence.

Odd.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_0699.PNG
    IMG_0699.PNG
    160.3 KB · Views: 133

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
What issue did you have? As mine didn't ship yet, I don't have anything to complain about. Hopefully will be smooth.

I had a watch on order and decided I might like another color better. They canceled my order, telling me I could only have 2 watches on order. I only had 2 watches in order. So, I called to ask what could be causing the problem. The rep was at a loss.

I have my watch. I've had it since launch.

Anyway...rep sent me a coupon out of the blue. Just didn't know if this was the norm.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I felt like I should've been given some sort of coupon code for being on a call for nearly 40 minutes about my Apple Watch. Lol.

Granted I didn't call to complain, only inquire about possibly changing my delivery address of my watch because I was initially scheduled to have my watch shipped late June, but surprisingly shipped on 5/21 for a 5/22 delivery, but I was out of town for the holiday and wouldn't be home to receive it.

The rep was as nice and can be and tried to help me get to the proper channel or find ways to help, but then put me on hold at about the 20 minute mark and never got back to me. Every now and then I would hear her click back on the line, but when I would talk to her, I would get silence.

40 minutes is excessive.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
It became the norm when she realized you've already bought 47 watches...
;)

LOL. I have not. I only bought 43.

My family is large, man.

I do bet I'm one of the few people who have bought that many and not sold a single one, though.

And I only bought 3. Well, 5, but I returned 2. And I have 1 on order, but I'll probably cancel it. I thought about selling one of the returns, but it's a hassle and honestly, I didn't buy them to make cash off them. I bought them for my family to use.

Know what I mean?

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Anyone call to complain about an issue with an order...

It's a promo code to get money off on the apple online store.

Only, it doesn't seem to work there. Most strange.

How much for? Might put in a complaint just have to think of something to complain about!

It doesn't work? They got you good!

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
40 minutes is excessive.

I was on a call once with them for an hour and a half and in the end got no assistance. I called to find out how to install Mavericks on my MBA when it was no longer in the store, got transferred around a bunch, was told it was totally doable, and then went through a long series of hold sessions for an hour (!) while the rep figured out it wasn't doable after all.

I want my (non-working) coupon.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
How much for? Might put in a complaint just have to think of something to complain about!

It doesn't work? They got you good!

Nah... I wasn't even expecting the coupon. I was hanging up from speaking with the rep (we had a pleasant convo, I wasn't giving her a hard time because Apple's policies aren't her fault and she wasn't trying to give me BS answers or lie to me)... during me saying "thanks for helping me, you have a good day..." she said "I'm sending you a coupon because you've had so much trouble and we value your business."

I suspect it does work. I'm just not sure what it works ON yet.

LOL.

----------

I was on a call once with them for an hour and a half and in the end got no assistance. I called to find out how to install Mavericks on my MBA when it was no longer in the store, got transferred around a bunch, was told it was totally doable, and then went through a long series of hold sessions for an hour (!) while the rep figured out it wasn't doable after all.

I want my (non-working) coupon.

LOL. That really is a very long time. I betcha my coupon works. If I go in there and try to buy myself a laptop, I betcha that baby will work. I'm gonna go put one in my cart to try it out.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Nah... I wasn't even expecting the coupon. I was hanging up from speaking with the rep (we had a pleasant convo, I wasn't giving her a hard time because Apple's policies aren't her fault and she wasn't trying to give me BS answers or lie to me)... during me saying "thanks for helping me, you have a good day..." she said "I'm sending you a coupon because you've had so much trouble and we value your business."

I suspect it does work. I'm just not sure what it works ON yet.

LOL.

----------

LOL. That really is a very long time. I betcha my coupon works. If I go in there and try to buy myself a laptop, I betcha that baby will work. I'm gonna go put one in my cart to try it out.

But how much is the coupon for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.