Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoxsterRS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I have a pretty much in perfect condition 11Pro 256gb with almost 8months of life. I got the phone on the iPhone upgrade program from Apple and have been considering getting an iPhone 12 mainly due to the new iPhone Hype and some pretty good carrier offers. The 11 Pro model has that extra telephoto and mic on camera but given how much the 12 has been upgraded, would it make a compelling case to get the 12 over an 11 Pro? I'm curious to read other's thoughts.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I currently have the 11 Pro Max and am considering going to the 12. I am issued an XR for work and I really like the size of it. I think the 12 Pro Max will be too big and heavy for my taste. I don’t really use the 2x zoom on my 11 PM and am very happy with the night mode as it is, so don’t think I need the LIDAR function. Also don’t do any VR/AR stuff

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
I have done that jump this week.
Reasons: 1. As I´m unsure about my financial situation next year, I want to update this year.
2. The color black 3. Right now I start liking the weight reduction.

But when my friend came yesterday to buy my old 11pro, I felt like doing a big mistake.
And it felt that I am downgrading - pro to non-pro - but perhaps I´m only the victim of Apple´s marketing.:)

Nevertheless the deal is over and I can´t go back.
If this week there is the possibility to get a 12pro at the store, I think I will return the 12 and get the 12pro.
I don´t know.

iPhone user since the 5, but this year there were too many possibilities.
Whatever decision I make, it doesn´t feel like 100% right. Never had this in the years before.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I did, sold my 11 pro SG for what I paid for the 12 Black.

Big difference in weight.
Has better grip nice to hold not slippery on the back.
Bit bigger screen is noticable, like how its flatter not curved, all seems one piece when you move your hands around it.
No yellow screen on mine.
Buttons are flatter and nicer to use.
Battery seems great so far NO complaints here, and my 11 pro still had 100% battery, not using 5G yet.
Call quality is excellent and way better than my 11 pro, for me worth it alone as it's my business phone.
Speakers are louder and sound better.
Have only taken a few indoor photos and they were good.
Love the all black look glad i didn't get another pro.

mg51015bb

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2017
I have done that jump this week.
Reasons: 1. As I´m unsure about my financial situation next year, I want to update this year.
2. The color black 3. Right now I start liking the weight reduction.

But when my friend came yesterday to buy my old 11pro, I felt like doing a big mistake.
And it felt that I am downgrading - pro to non-pro - but perhaps I´m only the victim of Apple´s marketing.:)

Nevertheless the deal is over and I can´t go back.
If this week there is the possibility to get a 12pro at the store, I think I will return the 12 and get the 12pro.
I don´t know.

Whatever decision I make, it doesn´t feel like 100% right. Never had this in the years before.
Did you end up making the jump to the 12 pro?

stefan1983

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
Aachen, Germany

The same for me, I am currently on a 7 128GB Jetblack and consider updating to either 11pr 256 or 12 (non pro) 128GB. It is really hard to decide..... They are about the same price almost.

Anyone any idea or tip?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I updated my 11 Pro for the 12 (not Pro). I definitely love how light the 12 feels compared to the 11 Pro. The 6.1" screen took me a couple days to get used to, but I'm used to it now. I never used the telephoto lens on my 11 Pro, so it was a non-issue for me on the 12.

Reactions: stefan1983
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.