Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShaunFrancis

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Conwy
I ordered my iPad from Amazon as it’s more suitable for me to collect from a pick up point.

When I saw the iPads listing it said wil be released on 27th May. Currently it says estimated delivery on the 28th.
Anyone else ordered from Amazon UK?

I was thinking would these come sooner as I understand Apple order are saying 21st to 27th delivery, which is unusual, usually it just says 21st if you were lucky to be first.

So I’m thinking Amazon are saying the 27th as Apple orders are technically saying by the 27th?

Hopefully it will be sooner but really looking forward to the iPad and the reviews etc.

mzsigler

macrumors regular
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
I ordered mine from Amazon US, and it originally said May 24th but now I’m just getting “We will send you an email when we have a shipping estimate” so who knows.

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Pretty much everywhere in the UK is consistently saying 27/28th for delivery including early Apple orders despite the initial email saying 21-27th.

I’ve got both an Apple order which says 27th and and Amazon one (mainly because I changed my mind storage wise) which says delivers on 28th.

Vodafone were initially saying 27/28th too.

27th being a Thursday would be a very odd day for an Apple launch though - it is almost always a Friday.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I ordered mine from Amazon US, and it originally said May 24th but now I’m just getting “We will send you an email when we have a shipping estimate” so who knows.

It just says release on May 24th on the product page but that's been the message you get on the order page/tracking ever since the beginning. I expect Amazon will update it once they receive their stock from Apple.

Reactions: max2 and mzsigler

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Yup have ordered on Amazon UK. I literally just ordered it 10 minutes ago and it’s coming on Saturday :) meanwhile apple won’t be able to deliver until June. Also, Amazon is selling some models for a bit cheaper. I got the 11” 256GB for £840 (£5 delivery). Lowest i saw it go was £814 (without delivery). It’s meant to be £850. The 1TB model has £55 off.

Amazon is reliable and pretty much where i do 99% of my online shopping.

as for pick up i usually do that at a locker but it says cause of the value they can’t deliver it to a pick up location (or maybe just not a locker) and that i will get a one time code that i need to give to the delivery person.

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.