Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oliverades

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2015
I'm on the latest beta of Big Sur and am still having tons of issues with FaceTime. The problems seem to have to do with different sound inputs and outputs. Whenever I use my external webcam on a second screen for FaceTime, as soon as I go back to the built in webcam on my MacBook Pro it doesn't receive the camera signal. Same type of thing happens when I switch audio sources. When I try to put my AirPods in during a FaceTime call, sometimes it instantly says "call failed". In fact, today it was saying "call failed" the moment I opened the AirPods case (which was annoying because I absentmindedly open and close my case all the time, ended up disconnecting at least 4 or 5 times with the person I was talking to).

Generally when I stop using FaceTime and come back to it sometime later, I get "Call Failed" messages as soon as myself or the other person answers a FaceTime. I don't know if this is due to the audio sources or not.

The only way I've found to fix this is by restarting.

Obviously, it's still a beta, and I'm fine dealing with these issues until the full release but I wanted to check if anyone else has experienced this, if it's a Big Sur related bug or something else, and if there's anything I can do about it in the meantime.

harpercharley

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2016
I'm having trouble with Airpods Pro and the other person being able to here me on Facetime. People either say I'm super quiet, or they can't hear me at all.

edw0rd

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2019
I just started to experience this with Monterey release today

FaceTime calls wont work if I'm using my iMac's speakers, if I route the audio to an external monitor or AirPods there is no issue at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.