Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Faroussi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2022
I replaced them 3 times after the launch date which was Friday & still the same exact issue, now am not sure whats causing it exactly because there shouldnt be any interference, am only using my apple watch ultra with the phone, my iphone is 14 pro max, so is it the phone or the watch or software or what exactly ? Considering i already replaced the airpods 3 times surely am not that unlucky.

Last edited:

RagingHamster

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Totally, thanks for posting this. I thought, with this being my first AirPods / wireless headphones, that this was normal behavior. Glad to hear otherwise.

Not sure this is the exact same issue, but I've been posting in this topic about it also.

Your experience is with audio playing from the iPhone and then crackling whilst using the phone, but not so much (or at all) when leaving the phone alone?
I've noticed this only occurs with the iPhone (on iOS16) being the source of the audio. In combination with an M1 Mac, it never happens. So far, all points towards iOS* causing it.

* tested on an iPhone 13 mini running iOS16 and a 2016 SE running 15.6.1 and it occurs on both.

Faroussi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2022
Totally, thanks for posting this. I thought, with this being my first AirPods / wireless headphones, that this was normal behavior. Glad to hear otherwise.

Not sure this is the exact same issue, but I've been posting in this topic about it also.

Your experience is with audio playing from the iPhone and then crackling whilst using the phone, but not so much (or at all) when leaving the phone alone?
I've noticed this only occurs with the iPhone (on iOS16) being the source of the audio. In combination with an M1 Mac, it never happens. So far, all points towards iOS* causing it.

* tested on an iPhone 13 mini running iOS16 and a 2016 SE running 15.6.1 and it occurs on both.
in my experience its not while holding the phone or not, its everytime am on a phone call using the airpods, the static/crackling noise appears for a split second & disappear & this goes on & on, are you experiencing the same as this or is it something else ?

Reactions: mwickens
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.