Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Meh, it is a phone and I have never really had an issue with any of my iPhones. They work when I need them to work.

Reactions: Mudodonbond

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
More litigation. That's just what we need to drive prices for stuff like the iPhone X even higher. Apple has plenty of lawyers and will easily defend against the suit. I personally don't care if my phone slows down since I don't play games with it.

Reactions: daflake

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Haha, I was thinking of a new title for this:

OMG, I had to wait 3/10ths of a second instead of 1/10th, LET'S SUE!

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
They knew someone would try to sue them over it. I doubt they would have announced anything like that if they didn't have a trump card hidden on them.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You should care if you are a long time iPhone user. This is bs

No, I don't care. And yes I have been a long time iPhone user, but it doesn't necessarily directly affect me, perhaps for others it does. Everyones situation is different based on their iPhone experience. I'm someone who upgrades annually, so it does not affect me in general. Perhaps Apple could have been more transparent in this situation.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Yes. They should be sued. They knew damn well they should have told their customers about this, but they didn't because they were hoping that they would just go and buy a new device.
But most of you here, would buy a new phone, every one or two years, either way.:D

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
No. Apple deserves every single dollar they want from us. Apple "knows" best.

pinocchio.gif

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
I've been buying iPhones since the 3GS and they've been fine. I bet a large percentage of those jumping on the sue train haven't really noticed a performance degrade.

Reactions: iOSUser7

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
When you're a large corporation such as Apple there are those waiting in the wings just chomping at the bit to sue over any (non) issue. Apple's 'fault' is not anticipating this.

Reactions: iOSUser7

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
I've been buying iPhones since the 3GS and they've been fine. I bet a large percentage of those jumping on the sue train haven't really noticed a performance degrade.
This is also what I have been thinking about this whole « Apple slows down your iPhone » situation.

Can people remember how this all started ? A stupid Geekbench test, yes, a benchmark. I think there are people that use benchmarks a lot more than they should, this kind of tests are fine for comparing the performance of a new phone compared to the previous one (and I said fine not great) but I just can’t see why some people run them like every freaking day to see if their phone is still good or if they should immediately swap it in the Apple Store. Just ****ing use your device in your day to day life and stop caring about those damn numbers, you’ll realize that your phone is working perfectly fine.

Oh and by the way, this « Apple slows down my device » conspiracy has been out for years and Apple officially aknowledge that this only affects the iPhone 6, 6s, 7 and SE since iOS 10 but apparently EVERYONE have this problem and jump on the hate wagon now that the media made their BS articles with click-bait titles.

P.S. : Good to see you back @Newtons Apple !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.