Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isaac123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2015
I have upgraded an iphone SE, ipad pro 12.9", iphone 6 plus, and have a brand new 8 plus on ios 11.

The iphone 6 plus was a stuttering mess for the first 12-24 hours, but after that performed better than what i remembered previously and i even briefly reconsidered getting the 8 plus.

No issues at all on the SE and ipad pro.

8 plus has 0 issues as well, for me this has been the least problematic release for a while, with ios 8 being the worst, by a considerable margin.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It’s all anecdotal experience. Personally I haven’t had any issues on the 8 plus at all but felt my 6 slowed down and was draining battery faster as well.

Reactions: jpn

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Small things here and there. Nothing major. Much more stable than everything iOS 7 through 9. No issues with spring board or apps crashing.

There is no denying iOS 11 is quirky, but I only consider something serious if it prevents me from performing tasks. Thus far, that hasn't been a thing.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
You’re lucky. iOS 11 has turned my 7 Plus into garbage. I’m resetting twice a day to resolve random crashes and Bluetooth connectivity issues.

Starting to think that setting up as new is my only solution here, but that is all sorts of headache I’m not happy to put up with.

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
Occasionally, frame drops when coming out of lock into the home page. But it's rare. The biggest grip was saving pics from Whatsapp to Camera Roll and nothing appearing (which has now been resolved with the latest patch).

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Small things here and there. Nothing major. Much more stable than everything iOS 7 through 9. No issues with spring board or apps crashing.

There is no denying iOS 11 is quirky, but I only consider something serious if it prevents me from performing tasks. Thus far, that hasn't been a thing.

Coming to think of it. I had the 8 plus freeze on me a few times during my weekend holiday. I’ve noticed a pattern. If you try to share a picture twice subsequently via iMessage from the photos app, the phone freezes until you kill the app from the task manager.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Coming to think of it. I had the 8 plus freeze on me a few times during my weekend holiday. I’ve noticed a pattern. If you try to share a picture twice subsequently via iMessage from the photos app, the phone freezes until you kill the app from the task manager.

Now that you mention it, I did have an instance of iMessage freezing while sharing a photo from the Photos app.

Only happened once that I can recall, but it did happen.

Reactions: akash.nu

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Now that you mention it, I did have an instance of iMessage freezing while sharing a photo from the Photos app.

Only happened once that I can recall, but it did happen.

This means there’s definitely a bug somewhere there.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
My 6s was draining crazy fast. I think the battery was on its way out anyway but I’m certain iOS 11 has made it a lot worse.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Just switched the iPhone 8 plus last night.
Smoother than my iPhone 7+.
Speakers are noticeably louder and clearer.

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
Easy upgrades on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Just a few minor issues, like search finding everything under the sun except apps.

Really like the new control panel and the new iPad keyboard. And I had to reset my iPad for an urelated reason: love the way it asked me to bring my iPhone nearby to facilitate the restore process. That was way cool. The new drag and drop stuff will be useful if I can ever afford to upgrade to an iPad Pro with split screen.

Last edited:

joelvc

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
Totally smooth. Participated to the public beta and reported issue then but now it is great. I am using an SE.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
For the apps that I use iOS 11.1 is just fine. Some might be having some issues but for me, and my needs, it’s OK

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I updated my iPhone 5s a few days ago. Running smooth so far. Safari scrolling even seems to have improved.

Two minor things:
- widgets sometimes go back to a smaller size for some reason
- installing/updating apps is slower; not the downloading, but the final part (installing)

isaac123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2015
Mine have all been restored from iCloud backup, no issues with battery drain either.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I've had some weird display glitches on my iPad 10.5 (similar to but different than the long standing rotation issue that puts the keyboard in the wrong place) but nothing major and no issues at all on my SE.
In general, I'm very pleased with iOS 11

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I've had intermittent lockups on all versions of 11, requiring a hard reboot. And yes, I've restored as new.

Gaelic83

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2017
I have upgraded an iphone SE, ipad pro 12.9", iphone 6 plus, and have a brand new 8 plus on ios 11.

The iphone 6 plus was a stuttering mess for the first 12-24 hours, but after that performed better than what i remembered previously and i even briefly reconsidered getting the 8 plus.

8 plus has 0 issues as well, for me this has been the least problematic release for a while, with ios 8 being the worst, by a considerable margin.
Clean living???

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
No issues on my 7 or my wife's Ipad Pro and 7 or the kids iPhone 5s' and iPads. It's a solid little OS for us.

Last edited:

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA

This made me lol. I’m on iOS 11.1.2 hopefully for the life of the device.

I’m experience no major problems at all.

Maybe some minor BUGS. But to me they’re super minor. Like super super minor.

11.1.2 is buttery smooth, snappy, and a joy in iPhone 8 256 GB AT&T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.