Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Northernmost NY State
The "i" key on my 2016 15" MBP is not working properly. It only works intermittently or with a very hard press. Spent 1.5 hours with Apple Support and need to try more tests on Monday.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I made a video:

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
Wonky keys out of the box are not uncommon, there's been quite a few threads on this. The D key on mine was pretty bad out of the box and I was prepared to take it back the next day. But after several hours of use it improved considerably (note that I type 110 wpm), and after a few days it was gone completely. That seems to be the experience for most I've seen on this forum.

Dominar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Northernmost NY State
Wonky keys out of the box are not uncommon, there's been quite a few threads on this. The D key on mine was pretty bad out of the box and I was prepared to take it back the next day. But after several hours of use it improved considerably (note that I type 110 wpm), and after a few days it was gone completely. That seems to be the experience for most I've seen on this forum.

Ok, that's good to know. I scanned the first page of threads and didn't see it mentioned. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.