Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
Since updating to 14.1, GOG Galaxy has been giving me nothing but trouble when trying to quit the program or when searching for updates. It just freezes and hangs up, only option is to force quit it. Didn't have any issues before updating from 12.7 to 14.1. I've also tried uninstalling GOG Galaxy and reinstalling, doesn't solve anything at all and still does the same freezes. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?

• Sad
Reactions: Huntn

Queen6

macrumors G4
Galaxy has been on and off for me, mostly OK. Think a lot depends on your geographic location, I'm generally behind a strong VPN so can see the differnce as I switch location. Just updated to the latest version and all seems to be fine. That said I dont run Galaxy 24/7 ...

Q-6

• Haha
Reactions: Irishman

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
Did today’s Sonoma update and still no fix. Before and after the update, I noticed that using the screen brightness while playing BG3 also doesn’t work right. You adjust where you want it then wait for the brightness slider to disappear, then press the brightness adjuster again THEN it changes to the brightness you set it to. I’m to the point where I’m not sure who’s worse with updates these days, Apple or Microsoft. Even when I used Ubuntu long ago it was more stable and polished then this -shrugs-

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
i was having a few problems (check for updates, freeze on quit) with it on Monterey, but now on Sonoma version 14.3, it won't even log in.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Not working for me either. I get the "spinner" for several seconds, then it gives a generic "something went wrong" (oh how I hate those useless messages).

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I left a support notice, but I doubt that will get much attention.

I went to the main web site to see if I could log in and it was giving me problems, as well, even though I was on Windows this time.

I'm wondering if Linux users are also having problems. Maybe, their non-Windows programmer quit and they just don't know what to do. Then again, they never managed to create a launcher for Linux.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Hello,

thank you for contacting us.

We were experiencing technical difficulties with one of our services, causing the website and some features to be temporarily unavailable.

Currently, all issues have been resolved!

Please try again and let us know if you are still experiencing any problems :)
Things are back to normal.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.