Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dodder92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
Staffordshire, England
For the past week or so any emails going to my iCloud email address aren’t pushing through or notifying me. I’m having to go in manually and refresh to receive new emails, and when I do refresh it seems to take a bit longer than it should to eventually receive the email. I’ve changed nothing and I hoped the last update would straighten this out but doesn’t seem to have made a difference.

Interestingly my work email address, which is an exchange account, pushes emails instantly to my devices and notifies me instantly.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a fix?

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
I've been having some issues with Mac Mail and iOS Mail syncing, and also getting some errors when moving and deleting messages. Also, push notifications do seem delayed. I've been experiencing this for at least a few days.

dodder92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
Staffordshire, England
I've been having some issues with Mac Mail and iOS Mail syncing, and also getting some errors when moving and deleting messages. Also, push notifications do seem delayed. I've been experiencing this for at least a few days.
Got a call with Apple scheduled this afternoon about this. Will report back with the outcome.

RickCMC

Suspended
Sep 13, 2018
Go to settings and check your Notification settings. I wasn’t getting push notifications but when I checked settings, notifications were on but I didn’t have it set to show alerts.

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
Got a call with Apple scheduled this afternoon about this. Will report back with the outcome.

Nice. Although, as of today, it seems to be working fine (knock on wood).

Go to settings and check your Notification settings. I wasn’t getting push notifications but when I checked settings, notifications were on but I didn’t have it set to show alerts.

This isn't the issue. It's definitely something server-side with iCloud mail.

dodder92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2011
Staffordshire, England
So had my call with Apple Adviser and basically he tried everything short of a restore to try and resolve issue but no success. He did say that they carried out maintenance to the iCloud email servers last week but that has been completed.

He’s gone away to find out if any other people have reported similar problems and to see if there are any other things he can get me to try short of a full erase. Got another call tomorrow morning.

I think this is something I will just have to wait to fix itself to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.