Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
This is odd. Anyone else having it happen?

Playing tunes on the iPhone. I try to go back a track, can't. Doesn't work, just goes back to the beginning of the current track. Oh, but then sometimes, it goes 'back' to the wrong track, tracks that were never played, but that doesn't happen everytime.

I play several tracks, and can't go back to any of them. If I miss a track before the next track starts, I can't replay it. So why have a 'back' button?

Anyone else experiencing this? Before the update, I could 'back' through the entire list of songs that have played, one by one, and 'back' would stop at the first track played, but not now...
[doublepost=1553862412][/doublepost]This is after the last iOS update.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I am experiencing the same I think. Tried to go back a song while driving and it kept playing the same song but then skipped to a completely random song (that definitely didn‘t play then).

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I am experiencing the same I think. Tried to go back a song while driving and it kept playing the same song but then skipped to a completely random song (that definitely didn‘t play then).

That's what I had.

Are the wheels coming off Apple? This isn't looking good... (I know, I know, speculating, but still, No Air Power, after all that money. Will there be a new new mac pro after this?)

So anyone else having this issue? Will Apple admit it's a bug?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
First, Apple will never admit it as a bug.
Second, hmm, are you guys using Apple Music? I use local library and does not notice this while playing music.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
There are way more issues with music playback in iOS, dating back a few years. Like the fact that if you shuffle/play a playlist with, for example, 50 songs, it defaults to a selection of 5-10 songs after a few hours (and using your phone inbetween for other things). It's like once the playback info is purged from RAM, you're **** out of luck and have to restart the playlist. That is especially annoying when you're driving and don't have your device hooked up to CarPlay, requiring you to fondle with your pocket to get Siri to trigger (and then pray she understands your query properly).

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
There are way more issues with music playback in iOS, dating back a few years. Like the fact that if you shuffle/play a playlist with, for example, 50 songs, it defaults to a selection of 5-10 songs after a few hours (and using your phone inbetween for other things). It's like once the playback info is purged from RAM, you're **** out of luck and have to restart the playlist. That is especially annoying when you're driving and don't have your device hooked up to CarPlay, requiring you to fondle with your pocket to get Siri to trigger (and then pray she understands your query properly).

That I've never noticed. I worked in a cube farm for decades, and got trained as a pro in ignoring noises. Not that I need no noise, but the quality of the noise isn't such a big deal. It's like I zone out, but kill the music, and I'm back in. *shrug* I could ignore just about anything...

On that point though, I do notice the same tracks playing at nearly the same time during the day on Sirius/XM Lithium. THAT drive me nuts, because I'm paying for variety, and not getting it. (Although they did run some different music last weekend ('Detachable Penis' for one. Hysterical!))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.