Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToTheMax82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2023
My Apple Books app on my iPad is acting up - when I try to purchase discounted books the price keeps jumping up when I go to buy. Is this just me or has anyone else seen this happen??

• Wow
Reactions: appltech

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Maybe you're under VPN or profile.
Checked -- nothing weird. Didn't purchased book though.
On such occasion, turning off and then on again would be helpful, maybe (because restart can preserve data in memory, so glitches may be present)

ToTheMax82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2023
Maybe you're under VPN or profile.
Checked -- nothing weird. Didn't purchased book though.
On such occasion, turning off and then on again would be helpful, maybe (because restart can preserve data in memory, so glitches may be present)
thanks - not using a VPN or anything and tried turning it off and on again but still doing it. Really strange - anyone else see this??

Yog

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Anchorage, AK - USA
My Apple Books app on my iPad is acting up - when I try to purchase discounted books the price keeps jumping up when I go to buy. Is this just me or has anyone else seen this happen??
Is this the problem? The discounted books are on sale for a particular day and time only. If you're in a different time zone, the sale is over and you pay a higher price.

For instance, I live in Anchorage, AK which is 4 hours different from East Coast time. The discounted book e-mail is on the East Coast and the sale ends at midnight which is 2000 hrs. AK Time. So, if I can't get to my e-mail in the proper time, I get to pay the higher price.

Hope this makes sense!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.