Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woods1110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
That means late december.... seems like a very long time to wait for these. WTF gives?

Hello,

We expect those cases to be available starting sometime in November or December. Stay tuned to our website for the latest information:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/devices/ipod/nano3g

Hope this helps,

Mike

Support Technician
Griffin Technology

I don't understand why he linked me to the nano cases though.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I wonder how long it was before the iPhone cases started appearing in the store. I ordered a Fabrix, which clearly are easier to produce on the fly, but i need a hard case too and i don't want to settle on something ugly.

recover82

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
~/
The Griffin case doesn't look bad, but that's the sort of thing you want to hold in your hands to get a feel for first you know?

I'm amazed at the lack of good case options for the touch thus far. My friend Andrea has a great case for her iPod w/ video and I was hoping to see something similar released for the touch. I can't remember who makes her case, but I loved it. Leather with a tiny magnetic snap that kept the cover closed when needed.

That iPod has been around and it's still in immaculate shape.

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
IMHO, don't be fooled with how nice it looks from the outside. There will be two flaws with this casing:

1. It blocks the Ambient Light Sensor.
2. The headphone jack will be recessed, you can't use your own headphone which are L-shape.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
It'll show every fingerprint and fleck of dirt and get scratched up instantly just like the KRZR. Expect a good 3-6 months out of this $40-50 case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.