Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerPCFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2022
(Here's the link) I downloaded, unzipped, and mounted using Safari, Stuffit, and Toast on my PowerBook, then I copied the installer to a USB to plug into my PMG4 running Tiger. When you start it, it complains about a CD missing. You can download the no CD image from the same link, but it takes long and it doesn't even contain anything, its just an empty disk image. The easy way is just to go to Disk Utility, Create New Image, select 2.5 MB, name is Civilization III, so every time you play the game, you click Civilization III.dmg. You can try this to see for yourself or if you have done this or something similar, pls reply! I think it runs great and its so fun too.

That's it.

-PowerPCFan

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I remember those games. I'm pretty sure I've got Civ III on CD still. Used to play it quite a bit on my Performa 6400/180 with G3 250Mhz upgrade.

Then I found Age of Empires and later the Total War games. I couldn't go back to the pokey system of Civilization with no control of battles. I got Civilization V eventually. But just couldn't get into it like before.

• Love
Reactions: PowerPCFan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.