Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobjonesco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Perth
Last month, I made the decision to buy a new in store iPhone X for $1,000 (AUD) and I feel like it's a much nicer phone for the price than the iPhone 11Pro with is $1,749 AUD here. I might still get AppleCare+ on it, although that's $300 and not sure if I need it at that price).

I used to have the urge to upgrade every year, but the X seems to be the classic nowadays that does everything very well and for a good price. Fast, great screen, good camera nice design, decent battery, good size etc.

I know this is highly subjective, but I also look at saving $749 which gets me an new iPad Air or Mini at the same time.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I’m trading my X in this week for the iPhone 11. I’ve had the X for a month, and I can’t get used to the screen. I’m literally getting headaches. It got some bad that I started using my iPhone 7 Plus for now.

Reactions: tonybarnaby

MacClueless

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2006
I’m trading my X in this week for the iPhone 11. I’ve had the X for a month, and I can’t get used to the screen. I’m literally getting headaches. It got some bad that I started using my iPhone 7 Plus for now.

If you don’t like the screen on the X (I can’t imagine why but ok) what makes you think you will like the cheaper lower resolution screen on the 11?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
If you don’t like the screen on the X (I can’t imagine why but ok) what makes you think you will like the cheaper lower resolution screen on the 11?
The screen on the X is too small (always used Plus devices before I got the X). I compared the 11, Pro and Max and loved the screen size of the 11. It wasn’t too small or too big. My eyes are bad, because I was struggling to see the difference between the 11, Pro and Max. The Pro and Max screen were brighter, though.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
You’re not very good at math. 1000 MX pesos is about $50 while a used iPhone X will easily get over $400 or (almost) 10X your money.
Obviously he was joking..
[automerge]1572496345[/automerge]
I think some people are more sensitive to PWM on OLED screens

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Despite my username, I'm also a huge fan of my iPhone X. Best and last device vulnerable to the checkm8 bootrom exploit

I thought this was supposed to be a tethered jailbreak? From what I’m reading, it’s still a semi tethered, meaning the device will not be jailbroken anymore once the device is rebooted. If that’s the case, I’m staying on 12.4 with the current jailbreak I have. I was only going to upgrade if this was a fully tethered jailbreak. Shoot.... :/

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I used to have the urge to upgrade every year, but the X seems to be the classic nowadays that does everything very well and for a good price. Fast, great screen, good camera nice design, decent battery, good size etc.

It’s funny you mention classic. Back when it was first released it was a “horrible” design. Critics spoke how the “notch” was the worst mistake Apple made.

At the time, the notch I didn’t mind too much. I was just happy to have a different design. I thought it was radical in terms of we never seen this before. I knew when I bought it on launch date... I was gonna have it for awhile.

It was the first time... Apple pushed the boundaries in terms of price. I paid for the entry 64gb... haven’t looked back since. I have my eyes set on 2020 iPhone.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
Still loving my iPhone x and actually have a brand new one due to a glitch a month before my phone was paid off. I have zero desire for a different phone and probably will rock this as long as those who still rock their 6s. It's paid off and amazing!

Reactions: Mindgap

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
To anyone on the fence about going to the 11 pro, it's worth it in every way if you don't mind the price. If you're happy with the x then more power to you, but the x to the 11 pro is a massive upgrade. X to xs was way smaller

rich32gb5s

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Berkshire
I recently purchased a new unregistered 256gb X for only £430 . Absolute bargain I know but im also purchasing an iPhone 11 for the improved camera (also special offer with £100 rebate) . Love the quality design of the X but also have the best to date camera of the 11 at my finger tips as well. The X is a beautiful piece of design

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
I got the iPhone 11 Pro Max today and am seriously missing the form factor. But this screen real estate is way better. It’s a trade off. I was hesitant when I went from the 8+ to the X. The only reason I switched was battery life and I got the itch to try the larger phone again.

Mindgap

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2019
California
Still loving my iPhone x and actually have a brand new one due to a glitch a month before my phone was paid off. I have zero desire for a different phone and probably will rock this as long as those who still rock their 6s. It's paid off and amazing!
I only enjoy my phones when they are paid off. If you can't buy it straight out you simply cant effort it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.