Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
I have all background app stuff turned off and all settings I can see to prevent battery drain, even using very low brightness. And sadly my Air 3 battery just isn’t performing anywhere near my expectations or what I’m used to. 2 hours of browsing the internet and watching Youtube here and there has me down to 60%

Anyone else using an Air 3 still? It may be time for me to consider an upgrade in the next year or so. It’s been a great device. Also just as a side note this is not an old battery. I just got a replacement ipad like a week and half ago so it’s a new battery

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Doesn't sound good. Still have an Air3 too but didnt't upgrade to ipad OS17 yet. How many screen on hours do you get? With ipadOS 16 I get only about 5 to 6 hours. Less would be terrible.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
And here I am with my 10-11 hours on my forcibly updated 9.7-inch iPad Pro on iOS 12... 2 hours 100-60% with a new battery? Wow.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
@Torty

Absolutely, haven't been running the early versions of iPadOS 17, but from 17.1 and onwards the users I've been in contact with say its as good as it always has been.

Now, there can always be issues with any OS depending on the apps you use or peripherals, but most "mainstream" users will not notice much difference.
Its not a bad idea to make sure that apps and peripherals you are using with your iPad are up to date too. And with peripherals I also count network equipment or devices connected to the network.

Reactions: Torty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.