Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
as the title suggests, i am curious to hear if anyone else is using their nose to quickly dismiss a notification or to simply turn on the screen when wrist detection doesnt work.

i am currently sitting at the library and a friend of mine was like "what the hell are you doing?". didnt even notice it myself til now :D

its just so much easier than using my right arm in some cases

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
uh, what? o_O

lol when i am walking and i get a notification for example, sometimes the watch wont light up and cuz i am too lazy to use my right arm well more like my right index finger i use the tip of my nose :D figured while i hold up my left arm anyway i might as well hold it even closer up to my face

Why don't you just turn your wrist away like everyone else does?

wow i didnt even know thats possible

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
lol when i am walking and i get a notification for example, sometimes the watch wont light up and cuz i am too lazy to use my right arm well more like my right index finger i use the tip of my nose :D figured while i hold up my left arm anyway i might as well hold it even closer up to my face
Isn't it more difficult to move your face towards the watch and move your head in an awkward way (also embarrassing) than to just, move your finger? That's what human hands are made for.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Tech is making you lazy. What's next, a machine to breathe for you?

maybe in 50 years from now but i hope not :-/

Isn't it more difficult to move your face towards the watch and move your head in an awkward way (also embarrassing) than to just, move your finger? That's what human hands are made for.

no i move my left arm to my nose. i am also not doing it for navigating through the menu or anything. just a simple nose tip to dismiss a notification that just arrived or to turn on my screen. its especially convenient on the couch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.