Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Anyone figure out how to wirelessly connect Magic Trackpad 2 to iPadOS 13.4?
I got connected via the usb-c to lightning cable. There has to be a wireless way...right?

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I just opened the Bluetooth preferences on the iPad and then switched off and on the trackpad. It then appeared at the bottom of the list of Bluetooth devices and I selected it to pair.
[automerge]1584561238[/automerge]
Just to clarify - I'm doing this on the new Developer Beta which came out earlier today.
[automerge]1584561333[/automerge]
and I'm doing this on an iPad Pro 12.9 (the current generation obviously not the new gen announced today)

Reactions: k.alexander

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Ok thanks. Yeah mine is connected to my mac mini. Would probably need to turn the mac off first to disconnect the two and then try. Anyways, worked very very well when I tried it via a wired connection, but unless you're doing very specific spreadsheet/document editing, or maybe something in one of the video editing programs -- I'm not sure why you'd need it, but hey it's nice to have. I was primarily testing it out with Citrix Remote Connection app when remote connecting to my work windows environment -- a little better than how it worked under 13.3, but Citrix is still **** and basically doesn't let most of the functions of the mouse/trackpad work - translate - well, because in my opinion they want you to buy their citrix-specific mouse. ?

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Shoutout to the guys here. I do was trying to figure how to attach the trackpad wirelessly and i got it work now.

I have to say, i actually like it alot

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to switch it from say a desktop mac to an ipad easily on the fly? Without having to turn off the desktop?

ferjilo

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
w Polska
How is the trackpad working on 13.4? Is mouse support really already any better than on previous iOS 13 versions? I hope apps like Excel really use the api mouse to really give a desktop-level experience

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I’m on the trackpad + magic keyboard right now and this is BLISS!

Thank you Apple

This is really well done, I have to say

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Three finger swiping is not working for me on magic trackpad 2. Tried restarting and re pairing. Does it work for you guys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.