Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photojonny

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
iPlayer is being really annoying. Sometimes the audio and video are slightly out of sync, and twice the iPad has rebooted itself midway through a programme. Now it won't load the programme back up.

Anyone else had glitches? I love my iPad but the various glitches are beginning to become irritating.

Powierski

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2010
Ive had the audio sync issue a couple of times and, never had a random reboot though. Can't grumble too much as it's still in beta ;)

One thing I did notice was stopping the video momentarily and starting re-syncs the audio.

photojonny

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Thanks. The stopping and starting worked for the audio. I switched to normal quality and that seemed to sort the reboot problem. I hadn't noticed it was beta. Thanks for the help.

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
Hi, i'm having the audio problem, this is probably really simple but how do you get it off the beta version?

Also my iPad is set to the big screen version and I cant get it to work like it does on a normal browser. Can anyone help?

photojonny

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Hi, i'm having the audio problem, this is probably really simple but how do you get it off the beta version?

Also my iPad is set to the big screen version and I cant get it to work like it does on a normal browser. Can anyone help?

Beta means they are testing it. You can't change that. You can get to the normal iPlayer site if you use another browser, such as Atomic Browser. If you go into the settings menu, there is an option called 'identify browser as'. If you change this to Firefox 3, and they go to iPlayer, you will see the full site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.