Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AltecX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
Philly
For me the Mini is a LITTLE too small and the Pro is a LITTLE too big. For me, a 5.7in would be perfect.

I love my 12 Mini but I'm just feeling a little too cramped, so I'm debating a 13 Pro. Is anyone else? And does anyone else agree the mini should be a TINY bit bigger? Or non-Mini or Pro should be a TINY bit smaller?

legume

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2021
I’m considering it. I live in a city, and love walking around with my mini in my hand like it’s an iPod; it’s compact, light and comfortable. I honestly don’t do much on my phone, my issues stem primarily from the just adequate battery life though: it’s not that my phone doesn’t last through the day for my use pattern, it’s that I dislike going out for dinner or to see friends with my phone sitting at 40% from my casual use throughout the day (usually between 2h & 3h screen on time, maybe podcasts playing in the background, no gaming etc).

I would like a larger display for web browsing, and a larger keyboard mostly, but everything else about my mini is spot on, size wise. I’ve also felt that the 12 and 13 Pros are slightly too large for me to carry and use my phone the same way as my mini, and wonder if I should just bite the bullet and give up all pretense of single-handed use by going with the max. I don’t have the largest hands, and though the 12 Pro fits better in my hands, the combination of its larger size and the matte glass on the back already make that phone too large to single-hand comfortably for me.

I don’t want an iPad (though the new mini is tempting), so the idea of having something like a mini tablet that lasts beyond all day (and more importantly, well into the evenings) by going with the max is quite appealing.

Last edited:

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
I am considering it. If the battery life had just been better, perhaps I wouldn’t be in this issue. Additionally, the capacity of my battery is just dropping too quickly versus the XS Max I had previously to getting the 12 Mini.

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT
I started with the 12Pro. But, the allure of the 12mini's size was too much. I gave the 12P to my wife and bought mini. I appreciate the same things you do about the device, and often struggle with the battery life and most recently starting to miss the larger text options on the larger devices. I ordered the 13P and I'm hoping that's a good option. I planning on hanging on to my 12mini for those times when I want to appreciate and use the smaller device though.

Reactions: BluefinTuna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.