Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Im strongly considering going from 12 Pro to 13 mini. I never really cared for the 12 pro, I find it too heavy and bulky for what it does. It doesnt feel "magical". The 13 mini, with its new specs, feels like a technological miracle. I miss that feeling from Apple, and I also miss using a small phone, like back in the day with my 5. Here are my thoughts:

- 13 mini has the same camera specs (if not better) as the 12 pro max, except the zoom lens that i never use. Good enough for a year until the 14 arrives.
- Same 17 hour battery life as the 12 pro
- Smaller screen no issue (?) since i mainly use my phone for whatsapp, reading news, reddit, etc (no gaming and very little youtube)

My biggest concern is getting used to the smaller screen.

Anyone else thinking the same? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: snipr125

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
I am thinking the same thing. I have the 12 Pro now and have never enjoyed the size/weight compared to the 11 Pro. The 11 Pro just felt better in my hand due to the rounded sides and my wife's 12 Mini feels great int he hand. By the looks of no other comments on this thread, I would imagine not many people have this same perspective. I am still debating if I switch my 12 Pro for the red 13 mini. My wife will be upgrading from her 12 Mini to the 13 Mini soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.