Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
Now that Apple has announced the iPhone 15 series and the new features that go with it, anyone currently owning iPhone 12 Pro Max and newer thinking of keeping their current device and skip iPhone 15 Pro Max and instead just upgrade to iOS 17?

I'll stay on iPhone 14 Pro Max because:
I don't really care that much about USB Type C connector
Anything in between 1x and 5x will be digital zoom
I'm still okay with AirDrop as my primary data transfer method
I have yet to record a ProRes 4K video
I don't play games anymore whether on mobile or desktop

I'm keeping a smartphone with a 3.5mm headphone jack [Galaxy S10+] yet I'm okay with data transfer via AirDrop...

iOS 16.6.1 is the last iOS 16 update for A12 Bionic devices and newer then they can go from iOS 17.0 onwards...

I'm on the fence on whether to stay on iOS 16 or upgrade to iOS 17

Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
It’s a good question, but it’s always good to be on the latest iOS version, anyway, to have the latest security patches.

Reactions: timeconsumer

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
if you don’t need the phone ask yourself if your use case will change with the new phone. Honestly my use hasn’t changed in 6 years. If anything I’m trying to use my phone less deleting YouTube and Reddit. So I just think it’s wasting cash for something that doesn’t change my use. The camera since XS max have been great already since 2018. I was actually happy with the xs max comfortable and large screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.