Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Paid phone off 3 days ago, have all confirmations, etc., and it is telling me online that it has to be paid off. Just got off the phone from a 42 minute call - guy could see it was paid, but for whatever reason, had to escalate case to get it unlocked.

WTH? Anyone ever had this issue? New to me, even with the massive incompetence of ATT, I’ve never had an issue like this.

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Paid phone off 3 days ago, have all confirmations, etc., and it is telling me online that it has to be paid off. Just got off the phone from a 42 minute call - guy could see it was paid, but for whatever reason, had to escalate case to get it unlocked.

WTH? Anyone ever had this issue? New to me, even with the massive incompetence of ATT, I’ve never had an issue like this.
I'm interested in hearing more on this, as I'm considering doing the same with Verizon.
I already don't trust them - a result of numerous mistakes they have made on my account.
I started a similar thread on the same sort of topic so as not to hijack yours.

Last edited:

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'm interested in hearing more on this, as I'm considering doing the same with Verizon.
I already don't trust them - a result of numerous mistakes they have made on my account.
I started a similar thread on the same sort of topic so as not to hijack yours.

Called and was able to get tech support to handle it. It’s the first time I’ve had an issue unlocking a paid off device. Definitely annoying, but it did get taken care of.

Reactions: Splitrail
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.