Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Anyone has a HomeKit device enabled? Please reply I would like to purchase one and I have a question.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007

Does your device come with one of those apps that allows you to set schedules and triggers? (do this if this, or do this when at that time etc).

I hear that this is a feature of HomeKit but I don't understand how that works, does it run off your iPhone? If so, what happens when you are not at home or if phone is turned off?

carld

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Does your device come with one of those apps that allows you to set schedules and triggers? (do this if this, or do this when at that time etc).

I hear that this is a feature of HomeKit but I don't understand how that works, does it run off your iPhone? If so, what happens when you are not at home or if phone is turned off?

No. I have the Ecobee thermostat... as I recall, the Ecobee app didn't do too much beyond letting me create rooms and assigning sensors to each room. I'd check again, but it currently doesn't seem to work at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.