Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
I am not sure if I understand things correctly. Apple is offering one year of Apple TV+ Free subscription with new devices purchase.

This is what said on the Apple’s website:
  1. $5.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply
If I understand correctly, you have 3 months after the activation date to get the Apple TV+ free for the first year. Does this applies to people who purchased a new Apple devices before November 1, 2019? Does the clock starts November 1, 2019 or August 1, 2019?

I wanted to know this, because I am planing to trading my iPhone 8 Plus along with 6th generation iPad for the iPhone 11. If the clock starts on November 1, 2019, then I could wait until November 1. If the eligibility covers people who purchased new Apple devices after August 1, 2019, then I will purchase the new iPhone 11 after the general availability.

Many thanks

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Any “hero” product bought after September 10th is eligible for the free year. Hero products are Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Once you sign in with your Apple ID to the new device it will activate your Apple TV+ subscription automatically on November 1st when the service goes live.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada

Canadian Price, gonna love that exchange rate.
[doublepost=1568602945][/doublepost]
Any “hero” product bought after September 10th is eligible for the free year. Hero products are Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Once you sign in with your Apple ID to the new device it will activate your Apple TV+ subscription automatically on November 1st when the service goes live.

Ok. Thanks

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
ugh I wish there was a way to just give it away, I have no use for ATV+ and I'll rather give it to my father, but I don't want him using my Apple Account.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
ugh I wish there was a way to just give it away, I have no use for ATV+ and I'll rather give it to my father, but I don't want him using my Apple Account.
You can it's for 'all the family' which means family sharing, just enable the apple tv+ part of the family sharing menu, similarly how apple music family subscriptions work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.