Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
Hi! This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone still have a copy of any of the betas of macOS Sierra, from before the OS was officially released?

It turns out that early betas contained support for WebP images in Preview, and I really, really, really want to play around with this!

I'm specifically looking for anything older than Public Beta 4. I think these had the build numbers 16A201w, 16A239j, and 16A254g, although there's some evidence around the internet there may have been others too.

If you have anything, could you please either reply or get in touch? Thank you so much!

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Sadly, I don’t have that for you, but there is a QuickLook Generator for WebP, so you can get QuickLook support for the format. Can be installed with brew; I believe it’s just called qlwebp

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
Sadly, I don’t have that for you, but there is a QuickLook Generator for WebP, so you can get QuickLook support for the format. Can be installed with brew; I believe it’s just called qlwebp
Thanks, I'm actually already using that. I'm more interested in Preview.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Thanks, I'm actually already using that. I'm more interested in Preview.

Sure; Don't have any help for you there, but thought the quicklook generator would be a good workflow enhancer if you work with webp - sadly doubt you'll get your beta to play with though; Don't think anyone would really keep those around, but you never know :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.