Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phs1414

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2023
Looking for an image so I can compare the difference between Nike Obsidian Mist and Pure Platinum White.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
IMG_2583.jpeg

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Thank you for posting. I had the same question as OP. Also, do you prefer one over the other? Is the platinum band more “neutral” as to accessorizing for fashion/clothing? Thanks
Honestly, I don't spend a whole lot of time accessorizing my watch to clothing. I usually just grab whatever strap I'm in the mood to wear. I like the idea of my watch standing out so if it clashes I'm totally fine with that. The platinum one I've had for like 3 years so its starting to show its age. It used to be my favorite and I'd wear it like 90% of the time but now its kinda rough. I've cleaned it so many times that its just not that nice anymore. So its been demoted to my cycling band. I wear it when I'm on the road bike or mountain bike.

I still wear the Obsidian one quite often, in fact I'm wearing it right now. But my go to straps these days are the Hasta / Silver, product red, or the midnight that came with my watch. I have a few others that occasionally make it in the rotation too.

I don't buy straps all that often. Usually I wait until I see them at Marshalls and buy them at the reduced price as I feel they are overpriced to begin with. Usually I find Marshalls has the most straps come in around late November for the holiday rush so I'll be on the hunt here pretty soon.

Dee1jay

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2020
Honestly, I don't spend a whole lot of time accessorizing my watch to clothing. I usually just grab whatever strap I'm in the mood to wear. I like the idea of my watch standing out so if it clashes I'm totally fine with that. The platinum one I've had for like 3 years so its starting to show its age. It used to be my favorite and I'd wear it like 90% of the time but now its kinda rough. I've cleaned it so many times that its just not that nice anymore. So its been demoted to my cycling band. I wear it when I'm on the road bike or mountain bike.

I still wear the Obsidian one quite often, in fact I'm wearing it right now. But my go to straps these days are the Hasta / Silver, product red, or the midnight that came with my watch. I have a few others that occasionally make it in the rotation too.

I don't buy straps all that often. Usually I wait until I see them at Marshalls and buy them at the reduced price as I feel they are overpriced to begin with. Usually I find Marshalls has the most straps come in around late November for the holiday rush so I'll be on the hunt here pretty soon.
Thanks for your reply. Your attitude is probably one I should adopt. I spend as much time thinking about the watchband as I do which shirt/suit combo or what tie to wear! Also, maybe it’s time to just pick up a couple new bands and play around.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Thanks for your reply. Your attitude is probably one I should adopt. I spend as much time thinking about the watchband as I do which shirt/suit combo or what tie to wear! Also, maybe it’s time to just pick up a couple new bands and play around.
I actually just ordered the Nomad sport band in lunar gray and I think it will become my go to band moving forward. Should be here any day now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.