Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HunterPlatinum

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
So i am having major issues with the Boot Camp Beta 1.1 since my ethernet is not working for some reason. I read on here that if i use Boot Camp Beta 1.0.2 drivers that it should work. Anyone have it or maybe have an idea how to help me solve my ethernet issue?

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
I had no trouble with Beta 1.1 on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. Are you sure you're setting up the network correctly? (i.e. do you know your stuff when it comes to Windows).

HunterPlatinum

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
yes i do know my networking with the windows but my device manager is saying that the ethernet device drivers are not installed that is why i want the Boot Camp Beta 1.0.2 to see if it will work. otherwise if u have any other insight.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
You should've installed Ethernet drivers with the original iteration of Boot Camp. You might as well stick the CD back in and try again.

HunterPlatinum

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Mackilroy said:
You should've installed Ethernet drivers with the original iteration of Boot Camp. You might as well stick the CD back in and try again.

tried that junk 10 times at least- but i was an idiot and i was doing all this with the xp sp1 on my mac and not sp2- last night i did the whole slipstream gig and need to reinstall the sp2 version, that might accept the mac drivers now and not give me the "fatal error 1603" everytime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.