Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I have a 10.5" pro with the smart keyboard. It has been good for the most part, however, sometimes it randomly stops typing. I can be typing a word and it will all of a sudden stop working and I can't even finish my word/sentence. The only way to fix it is by hard re-setting the whole iPad. Disconnecting/reconnecting the smart connector does not work at all. I am wondering if I'm alone in this or if this is happening to others as well?

I want to talk to Apple about it, but since it happens randomly, it's going to be hard for them to pinpoint or troubleshoot the issue. Knowing my luck, I will send it in for replacement and they will just say they cannot reproduce the issue. Some days I can type on it all day and it'll be fine, but then there's days like today where I've had to hard reset it multiple times already. Part of me is hoping it starts happening more frequently now as I think my warranty ends next month for it.

blitzwing

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
i had this problem before and managed to replaced it at Apple store. If you are unable to reproduce the problem on demand then you might want to take a video the next time it happens so you can show it to the service person at Apple.

ttate90303

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
California
Turns out something in the Network settings got corrupted. Resetting my Network settings resolved my keyboard not connecting (did a websearch and came back with the same solution to resolve the issue).

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
Turns out something in the Network settings got corrupted. Resetting my Network settings resolved my keyboard not connecting (did a websearch and came back with the same solution to resolve the issue).

Thanks for this! I suddenly started having problems with my Smart Keyboard and the “accessory not compatible” kept popping up. I just reset the network settings and it now works perfectly. Thx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.