Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2022
A business I go to sometimes has moved across the street, and Apple Maps marked them as permanently closed. I have submitted that they just moved across the street including photo proof at least 5 times and they keep closing the ticket and leaving the location as permanently closed. It also took 7 attempts before I got them to reclassify a local park with no nearby fire station or remnants of a fire station from a fire station as well. What’s the deal?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I've had good luck when I submitted updates a couple years ago, though not quite the same as your situation. There is an apartment building on my street that is addressed weirdly. Every unit has their own street address/number, rather than one number for the whole building. Apple assigned only one number to that building, which threw everything off for the rest of the street. I submitted an update for every building that was numbered incorrectly, along with a link to Google Street View showing the building number on each of the buildings/units. They got it fixed pretty quickly.

They even emailed me back for clarification/confirmation. There used to be a "Follow Up by Email" toggle in Settings -> Maps -> Issue Reporting, but I see they've removed that so I wonder if they even follow up anymore.

If Google Street View has been updated since the business moved, maybe try showing them that and/or include a link to the business's website if they have one. Or if they keep ignoring your reports to fix the existing location, maybe try submitting an "Add to Maps" request for the new location and see what comes out of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.