Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Has anyone been successful in getting Verizon store or Customer Support to activate the New iPad Air 2 cellular ? Verizon seems confused and clueless when I call my local store. Has anyone had success?

Thanks

Jay

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone been successful in getting Verizon store or Customer Support to activate the New iPad Air 2 cellular ? Verizon seems confused and clueless when I call my local store. Has anyone had success?

Thanks

Jay

I have two spare nano SIM cards, so I got it all taken care of over the phone with Verizon.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I walked into a Verizon store today and they took care of it, there was no confusion

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

This is why you shouldn't give carrier store employees any more information than is absolutely necessary for them to do their jobs.

Just tell them you have an iPad that will work on their network, and you'd like to get it activated. And yes, you will need a Verizon SIM. Verizon is either unwilling or unable to use Apple SIMs.

(And apologies to any carrier employees who do have a clue... though let me just say, you're a rare breed, and you probably shouldn't be working in a carrier store.)

neff2k

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
Midwest, USA
Just walked into the local Verizon store and requested a SIM card. No problems and no charge. I did make sure to go to an actual Verizon store and not a Verizon agent. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y
Went in on Monday and had it done no problem. I will say they are unhappy about the whole Apple sim thing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.