Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I read how it is easy now to download and run older versions of iOS (especially so with iOS6) on various iDevices- most notably the iPhone5 and iPad 4. I've done so with an iPad 4, jailbroken running iOS7 and also with an iPad 2 that was running a jailbroken version of iOS9. Both now have dual boot access to iOS6.

I'm curious if any others have done so and what your results are.
I can tell you to confirm you don't have the "OTA demon" toggled off with iCleaner Pro as that will not allow this tweak to correctly load.

If you're interested the source is, "coolbooter.com" Once loaded in your Cydia sources download the tweak and follow it's simple instructions.
This won't work on the 5S or newer iPhones or the iPad Air or later.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
I really like what they have done, and I have considered updating my iPad 4 off of it's original install for a dual boot with a newer iOS. Since I have a 16GB model I have decided not to, as for I only have 1.5Gigs left on it and I don't feel like dealing with iOS 10 on it and all the crap I have on it. I love my iPad, but I don't trust this that much to get it off of the original factory iOS 6.0.1 install. I will probably look around at pawn shops and try to find another iPad 4, or an iPhone 5 to do this with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.