Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ethosik

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
My Steam just updated and now it is freezing the entire computer. I cannot click anything. I have to force my system offline. I have confirmed this is Steam 5 times already. My system would be running fine, then as soon as I launch Steam, it will all freeze.

EDIT: I have the 2019 i9 iMac 2TB SSD, 64GB of RAM and Vega 48

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I did too, it was slow the first time it opened. I exited Steam and reopened the app and it ran like normal after that.

I don’t mind the layout, but I do wish they let you create custom shelves with your own organization system. The shelf/tile layout is pretty and all, but I’m all reality not very practice if you can’t organize it yourself

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
After a little tinkering around in the new launcher, I finally figured out how to customize it better. I actually this better because it lets me create custom folders for my all game series. And overall it’s running just fine right now:

3B9CE9DD-29CE-4D8A-8AD8-3FFC69B57B5D.jpeg

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, looks much better.

Also, how is Rage 2?
Thanks! With a little customization the new Steam layout is a lot better personally than the old one. Now if they can just update the store front layout (too busy IMO).

Rage 2 was a fun game, I played through the whole story and cleared probably 3/4 of the map. Gameplay is definitely a 10 out of 10, pretty much on par with Doom but with some extra powers.

Story is where the game falls, as the main story is rather short (I beat the main story and cleared most of the map in about 35 hours), and it is a bit shallow of a storyline. But if you want something that’s just simply fun FPS this is a great game, definitely a good pick when it’s 50-60% off (I got the deluxe pack for $25 on Steam).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.