Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I wouldn't buy it. It won't actually protect the iPod since there isn't anything that wraps around to the front of it to protect the screen, so it seems kinda pointless. As far as the back goes, it's all but impossible to keep it from scratching, even if you use a case.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I wouldn't buy it. It won't actually protect the iPod since there isn't anything that wraps around to the front of it to protect the screen, so it seems kinda pointless. As far as the back goes, it's all but impossible to keep it from scratching, even if you use a case.

I'm not really looking for protection, I just want a slim case that looks good.

And my back has been scrated so I don't care that much, I always have a case on.

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan

When I bought my 32gig 4G I also bought a Skinomi Full Body Shield kit. My Touch still looks brand new front and back. I don't think it's bullet proof, but I wouldn't bet on it. It shows no scratches or even any marks or scuffs at all.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I had that case on my iPhone 3GS until I upgraded to a new phone. Personally I really liked it (enough to buy more than one so I had some in different colours). It was super thin, protected my phone from scratches, and it was like it was barely there. It definitely won't protect as well as thicker cases, and I'm sure the case itself would crack or even break if dropped from more than a few feet, but hey, I always would rather have a thinner case that would need to be replaced when dropped than to have a thick case making it all bulky.

I did notice though after a few months, on the one black one I had, some of the matte finish was scratching off on the back of it from keeping it in the same pocket as my keys. Not a big deal, it wasn't even that noticeable and could have been avoided if I didn't keep it with my keys all the time, but thought I should mention it.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Bought it from amazon because it went down to $11.

----------

I had that case on my iPhone 3GS until I upgraded to a new phone. Personally I really liked it (enough to buy more than one so I had some in different colours). It was super thin, protected my phone from scratches, and it was like it was barely there. It definitely won't protect as well as thicker cases, and I'm sure the case itself would crack or even break if dropped from more than a few feet, but hey, I always would rather have a thinner case that would need to be replaced when dropped than to have a thick case making it all bulky.

I did notice though after a few months, on the one black one I had, some of the matte finish was scratching off on the back of it from keeping it in the same pocket as my keys. Not a big deal, it wasn't even that noticeable and could have been avoided if I didn't keep it with my keys all the time, but thought I should mention it.

I do have a case now so if it breaks I always have a backup. I've only dropped my iPod on a concrete floor (with a case on) about 4 feet. That was the only time I dropped my ipod. (Not including the numerous times I somehow drop it on carpet)

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
well, so far I'm loving it (and the super fast shipping that I hit "standard shipping)

very thin and come with a little cardboard thing and 2 screen protectors (matte and crystal clear) haven't tried them though.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
The cases that leave the top and bottom edge exposed are not good IMO. I have seen devices broken from being dropped and landing on this edge with these types of cases installed.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
the Incipio cases are great. The Feather series will not offer full protection, but does a great job of keeping your device scratch free, dent free.

If you're really clumsy, there are plenty of other cases that offer full on 360 degree protection.

I have Incipio cases for my iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, iPad 2. Love their products.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
The cases that leave the top and bottom edge exposed are not good IMO. I have seen devices broken from being dropped and landing on this edge with these types of cases installed.

I also got applecare, but that might not cover that, however I've never went to the genius bar so maybe I'd be lucky.

Ecotupper84

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
I like ti pretty much, is more formal. Like to bring it to work or something like :) that. i dont like the rubber cases because they stick to my pants :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.