Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek916

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I received my phone Friday and thought everything was fine until I started hearing this annoying creaking sound from pressing on the phone , any pressure at all the top half would start squeaking . So I took it to my apple store they have none in stock to replace so they gave me a number to call to have one express shipped to me, they even tried saying I have to pay $30 to ship it - not happening-so I’m wondering if anyone else has had this much fun yet ?

BigSky20

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2007
My screen on Max is "perfect" with brightness all the way on. When it is set less than 100%, there is a pinkish hue on the bottom 1/2 of the screen. Very annoying as last year my X was in my mine perfect with all brightness settings. Going to the genius bar or return on Saturday.

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
I just saw a thread calling for Apple to recall the new iPhones and now the thread disappeared. What happened to it?

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
Wasteland.

Why? - Seemed like a valid concern, given all the issues people are experiencing. One of my friends didn't know he had yellow tint screen, until I showed him the thread and he compared the Max with his wife's.

Now he's on his way to the Apple store to exchange it.

arcturuz

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
gonna go apple store this weekend to replace my iphone max

it has been having panic full attacks and random restarts

Philthy84

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Main my problem with my XS Max is the WiFi sticking to 2.4GHz instead of switching to 5GHz even if I’m in the same room as one of our mesh routers. My previous X never had this issue. Hoping this can be addressed with a software update. I really don’t want to exchange my current unit.

I have no problems with LTE signal or screen color/uniformity/minimal color shift to my eyes.

Reactions: macachia

MacCheeseLai

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2014
LLLLLAAAA
Not sure if this helps but: My max is currently sticking to 5ghz because I took 2.4ghz (I noticed it automatically went to that when I set it up with no prompt from me) out of the loop by letting the phone “forget about the network”. So far no issues with the WiFi.

Reformed

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
I’m also returning my Xs Max, is going out tomorrow via Fedex. I live in Puerto Rico and we don’t have an Apple Store here, so I’ll have to wait a few days until they receive the defective iPhone and then send the replacement. My Xs Max had a black dot in the middle of the screen, maybe a dead pixel or some dust under screen. It was very tiny, but also very annoying.

Attachments

• 0E856D26-FA0D-4018-A8FA-57DA41B71E2D.jpeg
    0E856D26-FA0D-4018-A8FA-57DA41B71E2D.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 187
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.