Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I've had no problems with wifi, but now I apparently cannot connect to edge. I keep getting a "Could not activate EDGE" message, followed by a "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" message.

I have looked at the coverage charts and I know that's not the issue. Anyone else having this problem?

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I've had no problems with wifi, but now I apparently cannot connect to edge. I keep getting a "Could not activate EDGE" message, followed by a "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" message.

I have looked at the coverage charts and I know that's not the issue. Anyone else having this problem?

My EDGE is working fine and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the performance. Faster than dial-up for sure.

Sorry yours isn't working. Do you get the "E" logo by the AT&T logo in the top-right of your home screen?

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
My EDGE is working fine and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the performance. Faster than dial-up for sure.

Sorry yours isn't working. Do you get the "E" logo by the AT&T logo in the top-right of your home screen?

Nope. Nothing.

Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

EDIT:

It also appears that my visual voicemail is also not working. Hmmm.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Try re-booting.

HAHAH. :)

Note to self- this device is, in fact, a computer. I did a restart and now everything works fine. Thanks!

I feel so stupid right now- I wonder how long it would have taken me to think about restarting, especially since that is always the first thing I tell anyone with computer issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.