Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.ten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2006
hello to all-

i am a complete rookie to the m-box2 thing. i am having mega trouble getting it to even boot up completly. the programs within pro tools will start to load, then i get to a "bf-2a" authorization request, i would assume that this authorization would be on the i-lok key purchase in the factory bundle. anyone with some experience, i would appreciate a reply. but you all may hate me when u realize that i am a p.c. user and have a monster waiting on pro-tools....

thank you
tha man

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
you don't need the authorization to run PT, only to use that plug-in. so if you hit quit on the popup, PT will keep booting (and probably take you to the next plug that needs attention).

obviously, you want the plugs authorized. first thing to do is check to see if your ilok has the authorizations on them. log into ilok.com (with your ilok inserted), access your account, and see if it's got the authorization. then report back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.