Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I haven't opened my American SNES Classic yet... The Eurpean version is coming from Amazon right now... I'm not sure which to keep. The European version looks really cool, but I don't think it comes with the right power adapter. Is it just a Micro USB power cable? Any advice on which to keep? I don't think there's any downside to keeping the European version, but I wanted to check here first!

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
It is Micro USB (console) to USB (adapter). I just plug my USB right into my TV.

Each version has the same exact games. I'd keep the one you like better aesthetically!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I have the European one. Yes it’s just a micro USB. All the games are the US versions so there’s no slowdown too.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Maybe because I'm Australian and grew up with the European snes, but I think it looks a million times better than then the us snes. Such a better design and better colour scheme all round.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I have the European one. Yes it’s just a micro USB. All the games are the US versions so there’s no slowdown too.
Correct. They are the 60hz NTSC ports of the games. That's fine on modern televisions as they can handle both NTSC and PAL.

For those wanting to mod the SNESMini, remember to use good dumps of NTSC roms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.