Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Most recently though i have been very impressed by the ipod socks. For me they offer a really nice mix of light protection, a nice apple branded logo, bright colours (i use the orange on my touch), and also enable you to pull the ipod out when you use it...the perfect blend: they protect but dont hide the ipod away!:)

I love the socks too! It's my favorite case by far.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I use a thin vinyl eyeglass case to keep my touch in while not in use. It fits snugly and there is about an inch left over at the top to put my earbuds and cleaning cloth in. Perfect solution for only $2 at Walmart. It looks like a very expensive leather case. Fits in my shirt or suit pocket and allows me to handle the touch uncovered when I need to use it.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
The only reason i got cases for my older iPods was to protect the plastic screens. Not that they are glass, I don't use cases.

ZuneMan?

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
Apple Store
lol. my friend put clear sticky tape onto his touch screen so he wouldnt get his finger marks on it. I told him not to but he ignored me.

After a month he got sick of it and pulled it off, this then made his screen all sticky. :D:D

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
This post is old and I hate to revive it if no one is interested, but I just wanted to see if I could get my touch picture pasted here. I've never done it before.

Edit: Crap. I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread and don't know how to retrieve it. It was supposed to be in the tread asking for pictures of touch.

sweetwater

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
I used a case for my 5th gen iPod. It really needed one. Only 2 or so days after I got it, it was all scratched up and I couldn't stand it. So, I wanted to get at least a screen cover for my iPod touch because I didn't want to face the same problem. So, I ordered one and couldn't get it to go on without bubbles (I only spend $3 though so not a huge loss). Since then, I've been using it without any kind of case for a few weeks now and only surface scratches on the back. I'm totally impressed and thrilled because I hate the extra bulk of cases!

theadz01

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2004
London
I just keep mine in an iPod sock. Very few scratches on the back that's it. I did try a Zagg Invisi sheild for a while, but didn't get on with it.

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
iPod sock

An iPod sock for now. I've always used Apple socks for my iPods. The idea of a sock is crazy, but it works. Just gives it enough protection to avoid scratches. And you can easily slip it in and out. Just don't expect drop protection. Crazy Apple. I just love them for their crazy ideas that turn out to be just wonderful. iPod socks = Minimalism at its best.

I hate permanent cases, because you can't behold the iPod design. Why buy a perfectly designed piece of electronics, and then hide it in an ugly case? I was thinking about a Belkin Pull-Tab leather case, or Moshi iPouch, though. The latter claims to wipe off smudges and prints without damaging the screen.

zero.fx

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2008
London
i have a sillion case and a screen protector on mine, as the doctors say always stay protected then getting STD lol

kman101

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
No, I don't use a case. Although, I do use a case when I have it in my pocket, which is a Sena Ultra Slim. I really enjoy using it without a bulky case covering it, and the only scratches on the device are on the shiny back. I just wanted to make sure that it was protected while it was in my pocket.

-Kyle

unr1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
No case here. Like I said in another forum I've always felt those big bulky cases are like when Grandma puts plastic on the furniture so it doesn't get dirty. Sure it'll never get dirty but then again you'll never get to enjoy it either. A thin silicone cover is OK, but even that isn't needed.

This isn't a family heirloom. I say just enjoy it before it is completely outdated.
+1

bumped an old thread? :p

rohit6060

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering 4 diff. manufacturers. Gadgetshieldz,bestskinsever,bodyguardz & zagg.
I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
I have following 2 major consideration:
1.It should be absolutely clear and invisible.I don't want to mess around with all these pixels I'm paying for...
2.I really love these glass displays in all of apple multitouch devices.Hence the skin should give least of that rubber like feel and more like original.
I would seriously appreciate comments from people who have used either all or most of them...
I'm considering 1 more option.If I put the skin only on the back and go for a pouch smthng like zagg ultraslim..Will that be a good option?Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Just realized this thread is over 2 years old, but I'm looking to getting just those "invisible shield" things. I had hard case on my phone, and silicon case on my PMP, and they all felt bulky after putting them on. Also, iPod touch is shiny on the back :p What protectors aren't a fingerprint magnet? I'd like to know.

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
man i like the feel of the metal and glass but hate the scratches
I am thinking of buying an iphone backplate from a friend who bought a white backplate and I will be making the aluminum case in metalshop at school

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I'm going to use a cheapo 99 cent silicone case from eBay (Ashopone) until more legit cases are released. And even then, maybe I won't bother. I like dollar cases. If they suck, I don't care, if they wear out, I don't care, and I can change them often or not use them at all.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
An iPhone case I understand, iPod touch cases seem silly. The weight and size are an awesome selling points. I would hate to ruin that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.