Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walpear8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Wondering if anyones currently doing this. I picked up a Nexus and I'm using my 4 as an iTouch

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
What's an iTouch? :rolleyes:

I have 2 iPhones that are now relegated to iPod Touch status.
(An original iPhone and a 3GS)

madfelon

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2011
Chicago
I use a Motorola Photon and tether it to my new iPad. Love Sprint and unlimited WiMAX. I know 3G is worthless but here in Chicago I get good WiMAX speeds (6-9 d/l) which is more than enough for my Netflix and surfing on the iPad. Now only if Sprint could get a 4g LTE iPhone than I could dump Android and go back to iOS but my wife dying for an iPhone ever since I bought her own iPad. The blackberry is long in the tooth and were out of contract just waiting to upgrade.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
I have a Galaxy Nexus now.

My iPhone 4 is relegated to shelf duty.

The only time I use it is to FaceTime family or give it to my 1 year old daughter to play games on and calm her down.

I now have a 3G and i4 floating around the house.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I don't, GSII is primary, 4S is the gf's, and 4 and 3GS just sit around as backup. I could see how some would if they invested heavily into Apple App's and at least wanted to continue using/playing them, makes sense.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I have an iPod touch and an Atrix 4G. I found myself pretty much stop using the iPod Touch not long after I got my Atrix. Reason being is while the music player and play list set up on the iPod does work better it was not enough better for me to want to carry two devices on me. Heck once I got Google music all set up I complete quite using it since then I had access to more of my music than either my iPod or phone could hold.

The other thing I do is listen to pandra and on that well the phone just works better since I do not have to be in range of wifi for it to work.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
If you go on the Verge in one of their segments called "what's in your bag" their Editor in-chief, Joshua Topolsky, uses a Galaxy Nexus as his daily driver and uses his iPhone 4S on wi-fi for those iOS apps that aren't available on ICS. If I had the luxury he had I would probably do the same, or maybe use the Nexus on wifi and the iPhone as my daily driver.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have an old iPhone and a old iPod and dont use either.
That is because iTunes always messes up my iPod when i plug it in to add music and what it messes up is the apps so i stopped updating it a while ago. I can use it still, it just doesnt have ALL my music updated on it but it has plenty on it if i want to.

Wish i could downgrade the firmware to a lower version so the battery would go back to being better as well.

kdarling

macrumors P6
There is no such thing as an iTouch
There is an iPod Touch

There is no such thing as an "iPod Touch", either.

It's "iPod touch", with a lowercase "t".

"Touch" is an HTC smartphone.

They are just making a point, that's all

So am I, but boy isn't it annoying? :)

They knew what he meant. A lot of us use "iTouch" as shorthand.

I'd rather read "iTouch" a thousand times, than to constantly have to read sentences like, "That add made fun of you're phone" and all the other bad grammar we get around here from today's kids. (Non-native English speakers don't usually make mistakes like those.)

Last edited:

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
This thread just went to trash in regards to the original question. Seriously, who cares what you call it till the time you understand it?

I can call my iPhone John Travolta if I want... or a Phone with a i in front of it.

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Yep, iPhone 4 sits permanently in my truck connected to my Pioneer DVD deck for movies and music since I switched over to the Galaxy Note.

tomtom101

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2011
I know this dosent really apply to the thread, but can i just ask, why are people so persuaded by the android phones that have better hardware than the iPhone? Like i appreciate that, but we know that the iPhone will be supported for like 3 generations after, and I'm just wondering how does the quad-core what ever in the samsung s3 benefit anyone?? Like i couldnt imagine my 4s opening an app any faster being of any benefit to me??? I never understood this...

frank.deale

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2010
My phone is a Galaxy Nexus and I also have an iPod Touch that I use at home when not on my computer.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
If it were a decent nickname, people would be ok with it. "iTouch" sounds like a 12 yo thought it up.
And the name "iPad" is any better? Sounds like a maxi-pad that MadTV spoofed five years ago. Some people are being anal here. Most people know what the OP really meant and wanted to bust his balls for it. I could easily say what the hell is an iPhone 2G? Second gen iPhone?

As for question, yes, I use an Android phone as a main phone since my Windows Phone got stolen. My iPhones get relegated to "iTouches."

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
And the name "iPad" is any better? Sounds like a maxi-pad that MadTV spoofed five years ago. Some people are being anal here. Most people know what the OP really meant and wanted to bust his balls for it. I could easily say what the hell is an iPhone 2G? Second gen iPhone?

As for question, yes, I use an Android phone as a main phone since my Windows Phone got stolen. My iPhones get relegated to "iTouches."

I apologize for coming up with the name iPad. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I must maintain two lines, plus I'm a huge smartphone enthusiast, that's highly mobile.

My primary phone is an HTC One X, with a gorgeous, highly useful 4.7" display.

My secondary unit is my iPhone 4S. If not for it's tiny screen, it would see a lot more use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.