Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
I see that for the remainder of the NFL season YouTube TV subscribers can watch any and all of out-of-market game for one charge of $89. The season ends Jan 7th. I guess if your favorite team(s) are not in your market and you didn’t want to pay the original price at the beginning of the season, this could be a bargain. Especially since the NFL gets more interesting at the end of the season. I think I will jump on this. Anyone else?

Reactions: RokinAmerica

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Nope. NFL Sunday Ticket is one of the biggest cash grabs I’ve ever seen especially at the beginning of the year as it’s like $300+.

- If you’re local to your team then it’s blacked out so you have to watch local channels.
- If you’re not local and want to watch only your team then there are plenty of streaming sites.
- If your team ends of being on the better ones they’ll get more prime time games which will be blacked out.
- If you team sucks, why pay to watch them lose?

For me Sunday Ticket is for people who want to watch ALL the games or have big gatherings weekly. At the end of the day you can really only watch 1 game at a time and with 17 regular season games how many games will $89 get you? 3 or 4? All wild card, playoffs and SB are nationally televised. Hell, I find it funny that the NFL is marketed towards the “working class” yet tickets, merch, streaming packages, etc are the most of any professional sport like GTFO.

RokinAmerica

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2022
I have the package from the beginning (and Sunday Ticket for the past few decades), I think it was $100 off or such. I am a Packer fan and my wife a 49er fan, and we live in San Diego, so we both get to see every one of our games. Worth it to me. I think you will enjoy it.

Reactions: coolbreeze2

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
It's my understanding you can watch multiple games at the same time using PIP. Also can't you record one game and watch another?

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
OMG, it said the sale ends Nov 27th; so, I waited until today the 23rd to make my decision. It's now $109. There was no indication there would be a $20 increase before the sale ended! Wow, that's a money grab. Come on Google. What happened? Lots of people jumping on the sale; therefore you increase the price!!!

UPDATE: I was looking at NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone. That's what is $109. NFL Sunday Ticket is still $89 until the 27th.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I see that for the remainder of the NFL season YouTube TV subscribers can watch any and all of out-of-market game for one charge of $89. The season ends Jan 7th. I guess if your favorite team(s) are not in your market and you didn’t want to pay the original price at the beginning of the season, this could be a bargain. Especially since the NFL gets more interesting at the end of the season. I think I will jump on this. Anyone else?
Not really. I’ve been looking at other avenues primarily for my wife, like Prime (which we had), Fox (which we have with SlingTV), Peacock+, Paramount+, ESPN (which we may have on SlingTV). Some will be held for a couple of months.

How does NFL Ticket deal with blacked out games?

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Not really. I’ve been looking at other avenues primarily for my wife, like Prime (which we had), Fox (which we have with SlingTV), Peacock+, Paramount+, ESPN (which we may have on SlingTV). Some will be held for a couple of months.

How does NFL Ticket deal with blacked out games?
Ok just signed up a few minutes ago. Do know of an upcoming blackout game I could check and see if I can schedule it for recording? So far it has allowed me to schedule every team I want to record. I can't wait to PIP games this coming Sunday.

Reactions: Huntn

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I used to have it with DirecTV. But now I watch RedZone Channel. Al action, no commercials. A lot cheaper. The only whole games I watch are my hometown team (which is always covered on regular broadcast) and national games (like today's Thanksgiving games)

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.