Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boomtopper

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
UK Huddersfield
Hi i am interested in getting into perl so i can get into making cgi scripts and maybe even doing some audio stuff if it can output files in binary form. If anyone does know any good tutorials post them up here. Specifically though i am really looking for tutorials in pdf format so that i can read them offline

cheers, Boomtopper

mwpeters8182

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2003
Boston, MA
boomtopper said:
Hi i am interested in getting into perl so i can get into making cgi scripts and maybe even doing some audio stuff if it can output files in binary form. If anyone does know any good tutorials post them up here. Specifically though i am really looking for tutorials in pdf format so that i can read them offline

cheers, Boomtopper

They aren't free, but I suggest one of the O'Reilly "Learning Perl" books. They're quite easy to follow.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
boomtopper said:

cheers, Boomtopper

Google search Results.

Hope this helps.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
there is plenty of perl tutorials out there like the previous poster said, but i imho if you don't have much background in programming go with the book suggested. learning the finer points of regular expressions took me two different books to grasp it all. however, if you a know how to code and understand how to form a proper regular expression the tutorials will probably get to started enough and you google for the rest of your question. my guess is if you are asking it isn't the case.

most people read:
Learning Perl, Schwartz
Mastering Regular Expressions
Programming Perl, Wall

boomtopper

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
UK Huddersfield
cheers for the info everyone. I think i will find this not to bad to learn off the net becuase i have a solid background in programming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.