Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
In safari I am getting an annoying “is now in full screen swipe down to exit” right smack in the middle of the screen when going to full screen .. it stays for a while and is super annoying.. anyone know how to get rid of it?

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
The crickets in here are deafening.

I had hoped this would have been addressed in the latest 16.5 update, and I’m pissed to see it hasn’t. Just another rock in the bucket. Something is wrong with this company. It really isn’t Apple any longer, but merely a corporate money machine with no vision, and worse, an apathetic attitude toward their core customers…

• Love
Reactions: Biro and addamas

Levina

macrumors regular
May 29, 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I just now upgraded to iPadOS 16 and got the message again and again on Youtube. And apparently no way to disable it. WTF. Apple must think we are all idiots. 😡

I also have screen flickering now.

Damn.

EDIT: the flickering disappeared after a restart. 🙇‍♀️ The pop-up message is maddening.

Last edited:
Reactions: addamas

iamPro

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
I just updated my iPad and noticed the same annoying popup. It also shows up every time I interact with a floating app using slide over. I slide over messages to type a message, slide it back away, and lo and behold the annoying message shows up again.

Turning on the iPad after putting it away in sleep mode? That's right, it's that pesky message again.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Its still on my Ipad and we are on 17.0.3! its blocking the Play button I simply dont understand that they did not atleast move it to a corner if they want it there so much.
It took years for them to move the volume info from the middle to the left of the screen so I dont have high hopes.
It just looks so messy and you are reminded of this countless times daily on every video you full screen with a 2000$ ipad.
It overlays the play button in the middle screen for most players in safari so you have to wait for the message to go away to use middle screen playbutton.
For me it often results in me trying to push the smoll smoll playbutton in lower left and pressing wrong button.

Levina

macrumors regular
May 29, 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Its still on my Ipad and we are on 17.0.3! its blocking the Play button I simply dont understand that they did not atleast move it to a corner if they want it there so much.
It took years for them to move the volume info from the middle to the left of the screen so I dont have high hopes.
It just looks so messy and you are reminded of this countless times daily on every video you full screen with a 2000$ ipad.
It overlays the play button in the middle screen for most players in safari so you have to wait for the message to go away to use middle screen playbutton.
For me it often results in me trying to push the smoll smoll playbutton in lower left and pressing wrong button.
Yeah, it IS blocking the Play button so you have to wait and it is driving me nuts. You would think that they found out by now how ridiculous that message is, but nooooo...

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Update… today 17.2 ipad os….. problem is still there.

Quick calculation… say you watch 100 videos a day… which is not uncommon with video length today.
that is 100x2seconds time x 365 days that is 20.2 hours a year of waiting for that message to go away! that is in my case 2 days of my freetime a year! wasted

joeblack007

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2023
iPad Pro / iPadOS 17.1.2

I’m using Firefox: Private, Safe Browser because I dislike Safari. I‘m having no issues at all with that annoying pop-up while using this browser on YouTube’s website. It’s worth exploring.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
Yeah, this is just plain silly.. as if the user can't actually see the app has gone fullscreen. This is as dumb as adding an icon and text in the middle of an empty folder in the Files app that says "Folder is Empty" when we can clearly see that there are no files in it.

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
iPad Pro / iPadOS 17.1.2

I’m using Firefox: Private, Safe Browser because I dislike Safari. I‘m having no issues at all with that annoying pop-up while using this browser on YouTube’s website. It’s worth exploring.
I thought this sounded like a good idea and I tried it, but unfortunately I couldn’t get Bitwarden to populate passwords in that browser (or Brave for that matter). I’m not sure why it won’t work with those browsers.

So I’m relegated to the lesser evil of the stupid full screen notice instead of swapping back and forth between browsers and Bitwarden to copy and paste passwords.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Ios 17.3.1 Problem still there.. I reported the “bug” several times.. nothing happens

And again
Quick calculation… say you watch 100 videos a day… which is not uncommon with video length today.
that is 100x2seconds time x 365 days that is 20.2 hours a year of waiting for that message to go away! that is in my case 2 days of my freetime a year! wasted

Reactions: Levina
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.