Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
The title above explains it all. Like everyone else on here, I knew the SE was coming, but the last minute rumors that there might be a 5.5" version had me cocky that the Plus iPhones weren't dead, so I held off. Alas, it was a poor choice.

That being said, does anyone know of any reputable retailer still selling models of the iPhone 8 Plus brand new? Preferably a place that is authorized to also sell me the AppleCare+ for it?

My carrier (Verizon) is completely out of stock on all iPhone 8 and 8 Plus models and Best Buy is only letting me buy one if I activate it on the spot (which I'm reluctant to do as I'd rather hash activation details out with my carrier so as to not change my plan).

Any information helps! I'm quite sad for the loss of the Plus form factor; by far my favorite of all of the iPhones to date.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Swappa nearly always has a few new ones.

I see 2 new ones for $495 and you can get Apple care. 1 year warranty starts when you activate it.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
You choose the plan but once you get the phone you don’t activate it, if you don’t activate service you never get charged and phone is still factory unlocked, had bought several phones from them.

So I would put in my T-Mobile sim instead then turn on the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.