Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I really liked how the Apple devices look on the tables when I visited the store. Id like to get a desk for my home office made of the same kind of look to get the devices to pop. Looks great with the plants etc.

Only trouble is I don’t know what kind of wood they use for the tables in the 5th Avenue Apple Store.

So, does anyone know what they use? Oak? Ash? Maple? Something else?

Has anyone else tried to emulate the Apple Store look for their home office? What kind of wood did you use?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
I’m not sure what the wood is but they’re solid wood and custom made for Apple stores.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Here are some earlier threads on the topic:

Note the dates on those threads, because they're old enough that prices have almost certainly changed, and maybe even the manufacturer.

Found using DuckDuckGo search terms: apple store tables what kind of wood

EDIT

Also see details of interior redesign here:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
Here are some earlier threads on the topic:

Note the dates on those threads, because they're old enough that prices have almost certainly changed, and maybe even the manufacturer.

Found using DuckDuckGo search terms: apple store tables what kind of wood

EDIT

Also see details of interior redesign here:
The only species mentioned there is maple. I wonder if they have changed since tho. I swear I saw oak or ash in addition to maple. They might have multiple kinds…hmmm..

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
They might have multiple kinds…hmmm..
Perhaps but all signs point to maple - using the almighty Google I found the following:

Let me put it to rest

I am one of 100 employees at Fetzer Architectural Woodwork that build all of the fixtures found in all the apple stores around the world. We are located in salt lake city, utah. Those tables are extremely high quality, and cost between $10,000 to $25,000 each. They are made of maple. I about fell over dead when someone suggested they were from IKEA! No one else in the world makes these tables.

Hello! I am working for a refurbishment company in Spain and recently we've been asked to fix some of the Apple store's maple tables. I would like to know if there is a course or a manual on how to treat such problems in order to get the best result, we've found bent tables, some damaged parts and also stains that couldn't be removed with common products. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks in advance

5 ways the Apple Store could embrace a luxury vibe

Don’t get me wrong: the display tables found in every Apple Store are not cheap. They are made from solid maple wood by Fetzer Woodworking and can cost several thousand dollars. But there is only so much you can do with pale, plain maple. If Apple were to switch out the maple for a type of wood that’s a cut above—like cherry, oak or walnut—the tables would bring richer color and warmth to the Apple Store, making them more inviting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.