Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
i'm sure someone knows what i'm talking about. it's a user avatar.

the background looks kind of like the .Mac icon, but as a square of course, in the foreground there is a user silhouette in black, similar to the "accounts" icon

(both icons i'm referencing are in preferences)

i know i had this con before i reformatted, but now i can't find it! and i'm not too crazy about the regular icons.

also if anyone knows how to remove these icons from the ichat "recent pictures," i would like to hear it. (even if i clear the list, it still shows the mac os x icon, and the stupid AIM logo icon)

someone should know! thanks

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
orijinal said:
the background looks kind of like the .Mac icon, but as a square of course, in the foreground there is a user silhouette in black, similar to the "accounts" icon

In System:Library:preferences on your system disk, control-click on Accounts.prefPane, and choose Show Package Contents. Drill down to Contents:Resources, and you should find your friend as networkUser.tiff

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
thanks!

if anyone still has an idea to clear the ichat recent pictures, please reply as well!

thanks again imeow

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Peeper

For future needs, download "Peeper" from Versiontracker.com.

Peeper allows you to drag and drop any folder (for example, your System folder) onto it, and it will drill through for you and pull out any and all pic files it can find. It's very useful for situations like this.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.