Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Looking to manually replace the 'sent from my iphone' text without going through mail/contacts/calendars in settings.

Apparently the file used to be in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences, but it seems to be gone!

Help!

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Looking to manually replace the 'sent from my iphone' text without going through mail/contacts/calendars in settings.

Apparently the file used to be in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences, but it seems to be gone!

Help!

Why would you want to replace that text without going into Settings?

skyfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Why would you want to replace that text without going into Settings?

Because I wanted responsive email signatures with dynamic width and media queries. This stuff is supported by most email viewers, and allows for a very professional look. You can get it working with a tweak in mac mail, by going into the actual signature file in the finder and directly editing it- thought the same would be true in this case, and it is!

I found the file.

It's located in: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/[Mail.app random string of characters use Filza to find it normally]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.MailAccount-ExtProperties.plist

If you write a random word in the sig file you want to be altering in Mail/Contacts/Calendars > signatures, look for that word in the property list editor in the file mentioned above and paste in the html (including all the media queries and whatever else all in one file. Javascript wont run though).

Reboot phone,

Done! You are now the proud owner of one of the worlds first responsive signatures sending from iPhone/iPad.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Because I wanted responsive email signatures with dynamic width and media queries. This stuff is supported by most email viewers, and allows for a very professional look. You can get it working with a tweak in mac mail, by going into the actual signature file in the finder and directly editing it- thought the same would be true in this case, and it is!

I found the file.

It's located in: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/[Mail.app random string of characters use Filza to find it normally]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.MailAccount-ExtProperties.plist

If you write a random word in the sig file you want to be altering in Mail/Contacts/Calendars > signatures, look for that word in the property list editor in the file mentioned above and paste in the html (including all the media queries and whatever else all in one file. Javascript wont run though).

Reboot phone,

Done! You are now the proud owner of one of the worlds first responsive signatures sending from iPhone/iPad.

Interesting... good to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.